Skip To Content

Athabasca University

Transferring Outside Credits to the HRM Graduate Diploma

Transfer Credit: For Credit Earned Before Admission to the GD-HRM

For the Graduate Diploma in Heritage Resources Management, 6 credits can be transferred. The Practicum must be completed at Athabasca University.

Courses being considered for transfer credit must be from a fully accredited institution (i.e. members of Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, Canadian Association for Distance Education, Canadian Association for Graduate Studies, etc.).

To apply for transfer of credit, please submit the following documents with your program application:

  1. Official transcripts showing the successful completion of the courses to be transferred
  2. Transfer credit form and fee; the form is located on the HRM website under forms.
  3. Course outlines for each course. The information in the detailed course outline should include the following:
    • Course name, number, and year completed
    • A statement of the course objectives
    • A detailed outline for the course
    • The number of weeks duration
    • Hours per week of lecture (laboratory/tutorial/seminar/studio work)
    • The method of evaluation and grading
    • The title of the textbooks used (complete bibliography).
    • Any other materials or reading lists that were used (complete bibliography)
    • Content of assignments and assignment weighting
    • Credential of instructor(s) (Required for Colleges only)
    • Course title of prerequisite or co-requisite courses (if any)
    • Credit value

Please note that, in some cases, we may require students to provide copies of exams and/or assignments.

The Program Director and/or the HRM Committee would then review these documents and determine whether transfer credits will be permitted into the HRM Program.

Letter of Permission: To Obtain Outside Credits After Admission to the GD-HRM

Once in the program, students may also apply to take equivalent courses at other institutions. To do so, students must obtain a letter of permissions. For more information contact the HRM Office.

Please see the fee schedule for the evaluation fee and the letter of permission fee.

Updated August 03 2021 by Student & Academic Services

AU, CANADA'S OPEN UNIVERSITY, is an internationally recognized leader in online and distance learning.