Supplemental Application For HRM Graduate Diploma Applicants
The Supplemental Application form is available at the following link:
Supplemental Application Form
This is a paper-based (.doc) form. You may fill it out electronically and e-mail the completed form (including your intellectual biography and CV) to email@example.com. Alternately, you may print and fax the forms to our office at 780-675-6921.
Guidelines for Completing the Supplemental Application:
There are four sections to this application. They are:
- Part A: Demographic Information
- Part B: Academic Background
- Part C: Intellectual Biography and Updated Curriculum Vitae/Resumé
- Part D: (Optional section) Reasons for Taking Interest in the Program.
The first three sections (Parts A thru C) are mandatory and the last section (Part D) is optional.
Your Intellectual Biography should be no more than 500 words in essay format and include:
- your primary reasons for applying to the GD-HRM program
- your particular intellectual and professional areas of interest in the heritage field
- an outline of what you want to achieve through the program
- the particular skills, resources, and experience you have that will facilitate your completion of this diploma
- additional comments that you would like to make.
Your CV should include:
- your formal education achievements (most recent listed first), including any awards, credentials (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc) received
- other training/educational experiences that relate to your career and educational goals (e.g., courses, workshops attended)
- informal/non-formal activities or life experiences that relate to your career and graduate education goals
- relevant work experiences (most recent listed first). These should include enough detail to adequately describe the experiences and your level of responsibility
- articles/papers and talks that you have published/presented
- your memberships in professional organizations
- grants and scholarships received
- volunteer, important hobby and community activities in which you have been involved.
Should you have additional questions, please contact the HRM Office.